Varicocele is a condition of the vein that drains the scrotum and the penis. The networks of veins that surround the spermatic cord have valves in them. In case they dysfunction, the blood backflow into the scrotum, which leads to stagnation of blood around the testes. They function under very low temperature, and when blood stagnates around them, it leads to swelling and also leads to fluid collection around the scrotum, which is the occurrence of varicocele.
Varicocele is the common cause of male infertility, and treating it with conventional methods can lead to many side effects like testicular damage, scarring, and persistent recurrent varicoceles. Varicocele treatment Ayurveda is very effective as compared to conventional treatment.
In many cases, this disease goes undetected as this condition is often painless, and shows no clear symptoms. However, some links have been established with this condition such as:
- If you notice a pain when you are standing or sitting for a long duration of time or pressure builds up on the affected veins.
- Studies revealed that there is a link between varicoceles and infertility. The varicocele decreases the sperm count, motility of sperm, and an increase in the number of deformed sperm. Some researches reveal that blocked veins around the testes can cause infertility by increasing the temperature in the scrotum and decreasing sperm production.
- Another sign of varicoceles is shrinking of the testicles. It can get repaired and can be returned to its normal size.
- An enlargement is seen in an area of the scrotum
Natural Methods to Treat Varicocele
The following foods are proved to be beneficial in the treatment of varicocele:
- Consume high-fiber foods which will help in digestion and also prevent constipation
- Take food containing flavonoids to strengthen the blood vessels
- Start to eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Start consuming whole grains
- Eat foods that contain essential fatty acids
- Daily intake minimum of eight glasses of water to stay hydrated.
- Always choose organic foods over processed foods.
While treating varicocele, you are also advised to avoid some foods like:
- Intake of junk food and trans fats.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Junk and processed food
- Hydrogenated oil
- Refined white flour
Yoga Treatment for Varicocele
Yoga helps in reducing the stagnation of blood and increases blood circulation in the body while reducing the varicocele swelling. Many forms of yoga can help to improve fertility such as:
Varicocele becomes severe with time. It can be diagnosed in males of age 13-30 years with no identifiable symptoms. If you do not want to go for surgery but want to treat varicocele effectively, you can try natural remedies and ayurvedic treatment for varicocele. Yoga along with ayurvedic medicines such as Ashwashila are used to treat varicocele effectively.
The best ayurvedic treatment for varicocele includes various asanas and a healthy diet to make the treatment of varicocele more effective.